Nxgen's pasture-raised, freeze-dried spleen from Lake Eyre cattle provides the benefits of this healing food, containing all of the known nutrients that naturally occur in a healthy spleen, including minerals, peptides and special nutritional factors.
Beef spleen is a traditional food that is used in many cuisines around the world, rich in protein, heme iron and healthy fats. Heme iron can only be obtained from red meat and is derived from haemoglobin that is already attached to protein and is highly bioavailable, meaning it gets straight into the blood stream. Heme deficiency can cause anaemia, porphyria and Alzheimer's.
The spleen has three major functions
1. First, it breaks down and removes old and damaged red blood cells.
2. It holds a reserve of blood that can be released into the circulatory system to meet a sudden demand, such as haemorrhage (an escape of blood from a ruptured blood vessel).
3. It is an important part of the body's immune system and contains leucocytes (special white blood cells) that destroy bacteria and help the body fight infections when you are sick.
Spleen extract is used by people with low white blood cell counts, cancer, infections, or HIV related infections. Take it to boost the immune system.
Spleen extract is also used to support autoimmune function, rheumatoid arthritis, blood disorders and blood vessel health.
Clients of holistic practitioners have reported that after 6 weeks of taking spleen capsules their digestive issues have been resolved and their iron levels have improved.
Traditional cultures believed consuming like for like organs contain similar cofactors to human organs that may strengthen and support our own spleen. Spleen is concentrated in iron and particularly high in the amino acid tryptophan.
The spleen represents the largest mass of lymphatic tissue, and in humans it reaches full functional capacity in young adulthood. The spleen produces unique peptides such as tuftsin, (4 amino acids) and splenopentin (5 amino acids) to enhance immune system. Spleen extracts and splenin, a peptide from spleen, further support the immune system. While Tuftsin stimulates macrophages and other defensive cells, deficiency of tuftsin is linked to bacterial infections.
Bovine spleen extracts have historically been taken by people with allergic reactions (hives, canker sores, cold sores), lymph node swelling, blood concerns (anaemia, lymphocytosis), demineralisation accompanied by hyperirritability, as well as those with lowered resistance to infections and boils . Some have suggested that bovine spleen “may aid in the elimination of allergic breakouts” . The spleen also metabolises certain parts of the blood, like haemoglobin removed from erythrocytes, and circulates blood and lymph nodes. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014.
Part of the lymphatic system, the spleen plays a vital role in immune response and waste removal. We can live without the spleen, but its absence predisposes us to certain infections, such as influenza, pneumonia and meningitis, as it is a centre of activity of the reticuloendothelial
system. Here, it synthesises antibodies and fights infections through both an active humoral and cell-mediated immune response. Enlargement of the spleen can occur with certain infections and in some cancers, such as leukaemia. The spleen acts as a mechanical filter for ageing red blood cells, recycling stores of iron contained in these cells, serving as a reservoir for blood for emergency use during times of trauma and shock.
Dietary spleen is a great blood builder and in Traditional Chinese Medicine, enhancing spleen energy is very positive for ageing and longevity. Freeze dried organ meat means that you get more of the heat sensitive vitamins, minerals and co-factors that make organ meats so incredibly nourishing. Using the latest freeze dry technology, freeze dried spleen is unequivocally the richest source of natural, heme iron that exists in nature.
The elegance of animal physiology is that glands secrete peptides and other chemical-like substances that exert downstream effects, if one has a certain organ / gland removed, the body still expects those peptides and other chemical-like substances at the cellular level.
Glandular therapy is for this exact purpose, to provide the otherwise absent glandular nourishment that our cells need and expect for strength, health and happiness.
- Murray, Michael T., Joseph E. Pizzorno, and Lara Pizzorno. The encyclopaedia of healing foods. 3rd ed. Place of publication not identified: Time Warner International, 2006. Print.
- Ronzio, Robert, Ph.D. "GLANDULARS - PROTOMORPHOGENS." DCNutrition.com. N.p., n.d. Web.17 June 2017.
- Fishman, Stanley A. "The Benefits of Organ Meats." Tender Grass-fed Meat. N.p., 09 Dec. 2014. Web.17 June 2017.
- "Spleen, 500mg, 180 Capsules." Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Frtiz, Heidi, MA, ND. "Glandular Extracts - Traditional Medicine for the Modern Times." New Roots Herbal. N.p., 13 Sept. 2016. Web. 17 June 2017.
- Suttie, Emma, D.Ac, AP. "The Spleen - How To Have A Healthy, Happy Spleen With Chinese Medicine." Chinese Medicine Living. N.p., 11 Apr. 2017. Web. 22 June 2017.
- 7.Hooda. J, Shah. A, Zhang. L. (2014) Heme an Essential Nutrient from Dietary Proteins, Critically Impacts Diverse Physiological and Pathological Processes, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967179/