600mg of beef liver per capsule: whole food equivalent 2.53g
Suggested use: 1 - 5 capsules per day
Suitable for everyone, especially pregnant and nursing women. Children 12+ can follow adult serving sizes, younger children at parent's discretion.
- No fillers or flow agents, just beef liver in a gelatin capsule (freeze-dried, not desiccated)
- From free-range, grass-fed cattle reared without antibiotics or hormone growth promoters
- Minimally processed and un-defatted for maximum nutrient density
- Liver is considered a super-food as it acts as a storage depot for vitamins and minerals
Absolutely Pure Beef Liver comes from a pristine UK & EU approved farm source in New Zealand, a country that is internationally recognised as BSE-free.
The cattle are reared as nature intended, without the use of growth-promoting hormones or antibiotics and are free to roam on pesticide-free grass pastures.*
Please note: like all grass-fed meat the product has an aroma - be wary of any similar product that does not.
*New Zealand is like Scotland in that there are plenty of hills and lowland pastures where crops can't be grown, so the most productive use of the land is to raise cattle, and as grass is free to grow agri-chemicals are not used to treat that grassland.
Nutrients found in beef liver are:
- Choline: essential for healthy liver and brain function.
- Copper: supports the activation of enzymes, which then help regulate energy production, iron metabolism and brain function.
- Vitamin A: supports normal vision, reproduction and kidney, heart and immune function.
- Riboflavin (B2): crucial for breaking down food components, absorbing other nutrients, and maintaining tissues.
- Folate (B9): supports cell growth and the formation of DNA. As humans cannot make folate, it is required from the diet, making it an essential vitamin.
- Heme iron: the most easily absorbed type of iron that helps carry oxygen around the body.
- Cobalamin (B12): a nutrient that helps keep the body's nervous system and red blood cells healthy and helps make DNA. Also helps prevent megaloblastic anaemia that makes people tired and weak. Vitamin B12 is only found in animal foods like meat, eggs, and dairy. Plant forms contain a B12 analog that is not bioavailable to the human body
Also contains Thiamine (B1), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic acid (B5), Pyroxidine (B6) and Biotin (B7). Though each of these vitamins have unique functions, they generally help your body produce energy and make important molecules in your cells.